- Matthew 4:7, Luke 4:12 You shall not tempt the Lord your God
- Acts 5:9 Why is it you have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord?
- Acts 15:10 Why do you tempt God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers not we were able to bear?
- 1 Corinthians 7:5 and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you
- 1 Corinthians 10:9 Let us not tempt Christ as some of them also tempted and were destroyed by serpents
- Matthew 6:13, Luke 11:4 Do not lead us into temptation
- Matthew 26:41, Mark 14:38, Luke 22:40 Watch and pray lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak.
- Luke 4:13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed
- Luke 8:13 who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man
- 1 Timothy 6:9 Those who desire to be rich fall into temptation
- James 1:12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation
- Revelation 3:10 Because you have kept the word of My patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation which shall come upon the whole world.
- Luke 22:28 But you are those who have continued with Me in My temptations
- Acts 20:19 serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and temptations
- James 1:2 Count it all joy when you fall into various temptations
- 1 Peter 1:6 though now, for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various temptations
- 2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation
- Matthew 4:1 Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the Wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
- Mark 1:13, Luke 4:2 He was in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan
- Galatians 6:1 you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted
- Hebrews 2:18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
- Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
- James 1:13 – 14 Let no one say, when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But, each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
- Matthew 4:3 Now when the tempter came to Him…
- 1 Thessalonians 3:5 When I could no longer endure it, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter had tempted you and our labor might be in vain.
- When Jewish leaders came to Jesus with tricky questions to try to trip Jesus up in His answers, the phrase often is used, “Tempting Him.” Perhaps it was a temptation to Jesus, or maybe it was that the Jewish leaders were testing Him.