Everything Connects to One Thing
The competition between outreach, edification, and a personal relationship with Jesus (God) is like the competition between work, family, and church. If the three are viewed as three areas each demanding attention, we will forever be stressed because, no matter how we allocate our time, another ratio could have been better. Instead, we must find one thing to pursue which addresses all three aspects as sub-categories. That one thing for the faithful is summarized in our calling, that which we were called by and that which we were called to. No, it is not a feeling or voice that assigns you a specific task. Such an idea is not in the New Testament. Rather, we are called to certain relationships and characteristics; everyone to the same goal, although playing it out differently because we have liberty to be responsible for ourselves through the application of our natural talents and those provided by the Spirit.
By comparison, God’s actions and desires all stem from one objective: a big family that will last.
James 1:8, 4:8 The double-minded
- Christians are called by the gospel, by Jesus, by His grace, by His character, and by His virtue
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13 – 14 God from the beginning chose you for salvation by the Spirit and belief in the truth, to which He called you by our gospel for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord
- 2 Peter 1:3 Who called us by glory and virtue
- Christians are called to the fellowship of His Son, peace, liberty, His kingdom, His character, holiness, eternal life, suffering, light, a blessing, eternal glory, and to the marriage supper of the Lamb.
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son
- 1 Corinthians 7:15 For God has called us to peace
- Galatians 5:13 You, brethren, have been called to liberty
- Ephesians 4:4 You were called in one hope of your calling
- Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body
- 1 Thessalonians 2:12 Walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory
- 1 Thessalonians 4:7 God did not call us to uncleanness but in holiness
- Hebrews 9:15 That those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance
- 1 Peter 1:15 He who called you is holy, you also be holy
- 1 Peter 2:9 Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light
- 1 Peter 2:21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example
- 1 Peter 3:9 Blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing
- 1 Peter 5:10 May the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus…
- Revelation 19:9 Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb