In the Greek of Jesus’ time, such a person would be gentle, pleasant, mild, calm, and friendly.
4236 praotes meekness
- 1 Corinthians 4:21 Shall I come to you with a rod or in love, a spirit of gentleness?
- 2 Corinthians 10:1 Now I, Paul, am pleading with you by the gentleness and reasonableness of Christ…
- Galatians 5:22 – 23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control.
- Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man is caught in some offense, you, the spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness…
- Ephesians 4:1 – 3 I, therefore, a prisoner in the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- Colossians 3:12 – 13 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on hearts of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, longsuffering, bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you must do.
- 1 Timothy 6:11 You, however, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
- 2 Timothy 2:24 – 25 Moreover, a bondservant of the Lord must not quarrel, but speaking gently to all, able to teach, patient, in gentleness disciplining those who are in opposition…
- Titus 3:1 – 2 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, reasonable, showing all gentleness to all men.
4240 prautes meekness
- James 1:21 Therefore, lay aside all filthiness and abounding wickedness, and receive with gentleness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls.
- James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding in you? Let him show out of his good conduct works in the gentleness of wisdom.
- 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, and always be ready for a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with gentleness and fear;
4239 praus meek
- Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
- Matthew 21:5 Tell the daughter of Zion, “Behold your King is coming to you, gentle and sinning on a donkey…
- 1 Peter 3:4 …rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and peaceable spirit, which is of great worth before God.