The Character of Jesus 1
Matthew 3:13 – 17, Mark 1:9 – 11, Luke 3:21 – 22, John 1:29 – 34
- Not concerned about taking a lower position
- Jesus made a point to go to John (Matthew 3:13).
- Jesus prayed before the voice from heaven (Luke 3:21).
- The objective was to do the right thing as an illustration (fulfill).
- Not so much humility as seizing a teaching moment.
- Make a point to be in teachable moments rather than focusing on what I do best.
- Prayer maintains focus.
- Be a walking illustration.
- Be unconcerned about who is in charge.