Philippians 4:6 “Be anxious for nothing”
Clues in the context for how to make it happen:
3:20 – 21 Remember the future spiritual body (no more physical body; just pure character)
4:1 – 4 Rejoice in the successes of faith (c.f., 4:10 – 18)
4:5 The final proof was soon for them, past for us. Remember the proof.
4:6 Make your requests known with thanksgiving
4:7 Result: peace
4:8 – 9 Focus on good stuff
All other passages with the same word:
- 1 Corinthians 7:32 – 34 Marriage rightly creates anxiety for the fortunes of another. Enter advisedly.
- Luke 10:41 Desiring to serve adequately can create anxiety that interferes with edification. Keep perspective.
- Mark 4:19, Luke 8:14 The anxiety of life can interfere with growth. Compare time spent with the Word against time spent solving the nuisances of life.
- Luke 21:34 The anxiety of life can interfere with preparedness for Jesus return. Life creates diversions.
- Matthew 6:25 – 34, Luke 12:22 – 59 Be realistic about the anxiety and expectations of life. God provides. Anxiety is the result of expecting more than God knows you need.
- Matthew 10:19, Luke 12:11 (Promise to the Twelve) Don’t be anxious about what to say; God will provide.